As any Landlord will know, it is a legal requirement for them to ensure that their tenants are in possession of a current Landlords Gas Safety Certificate.
We are happy to provide these to the customer upon the completion of a satisfactory inspection of the gas installation together with the servicing of any gas appliances.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection Include?
We will check the following during a Landlord gas safety inspection:
1. Installation pipework and appliances for gas tightness.
2. Standing and working pressure if test points available.
3. Burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturers data plate.
4. Satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
5. Flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
6. Integrity of flues and terminals
7. Satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
8. Physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate).
9. Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person.
Landlords or their agents have a statutory duty to:
-Ensure that fittings and flues are maintained in a safe condition. This means that you should have gas installations and appliances serviced regularly and keep a record of the service.
-Have a safety check carried out on all gas appliances and flues annually or within 12 months before the start of a new tenancy.
-Check gas installations and appliances immediately before the start of any new tenancy, even if the gas safety certificate is still current.
-Have all installation, maintenance and safety checks carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer only.
-Keep a record of each safety check for 2 years – the Gas Safe engineer will issue this.
-Give a copy of the Gas safe engineers safety check report to each current tenant within 28 days of the safety check, or to new tenants before occupation.
The statutory regulations are: Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. These regulations are enforced by the Health and Safety Executive.
Landlords Gas Safety Checks